Today is moving day at the office. I am being moved temporarily to another part of the floor while contruction is being done in the area that I will be moving to in a month. Moving offices (something we do quite often for some strange reason in this office) is always interesting to me because I get to see some of the weird shit I have collected over time in, around, and under my desk. For example, I have found:
- 5 CDs of Christmas Music
- a stuffed duck
- Ipod Earbuds that I can’t seem to get to stay in my ears. A.K.A a waste of $30.
- my copy of the Boston Globe when the Sox won the World Series
- more packets of salt than you could shake a stick at
- decorative tissue paper in neon green, neon orange, and neon pink
- decorative ribbon to match aformentioned tissue paper
- 7 pairs of shoes
- a large wool shawl
- A poster of the Charles River Conservation project
- multiple pieces of airplane paraphenilia (pens, post-its, pads of paper, stationary, and 5 models of various airplanes)
- a tiny painted wooden turtle whose head bobs back and forth
- 2 decks of playing cards
The worst part of today is that I have a nasty cold and feel like utter crap. So, I’d much rather sit and blog this meaningless drivel than pack another orange crate. Blah. Sorry, next week I promise to be more entertaining.